MINT Seven inch Cherry Smooth Plane by EMMERICH circa 1935-65 London with 1 13/16 inch PEARSON Iron NEW OLD STOCK - 83513

$ 69.00
  • MINT Seven inch Cherry Smooth Plane by EMMERICH circa 1935-65 London with 1 13/16 inch PEARSON Iron 
NEW OLD STOCK - 83513

MINT Seven inch Cherry Smooth Plane by EMMERICH circa 1935-65 London with 1 13/16 inch PEARSON Iron NEW OLD STOCK - 83513

$ 69.00
Item #: 83513

These planes were found in a chest in their original wrappers. Unused, but the wood has minor stains. Scratch on sole. Grain defect as shown. The irons had some rust, which we cleaned off. The mouths are airtight, as tight as you will see on a wooden plane. Marked EMIR on the heel. The Emmerich name has been associated with high quality wooden hand-tool manufacture since 1852. The company was based at that time in the town of Remscheid, Germany. The Bermondsey, London, workshop was established in 1932 by Friedrich Wilhelm Emmerich, and Emmerich (Berlon) Ltd has been manufacturing in England ever since. It was passed on to his wife and then his two sons, and the business, along with its brand name EMIR, is currently owned by the third generation of the Emmerich family in England. In 1966 we moved to purpose-built premises in Ashford, Kent, where we are still based today

  • Gallery
  • Description

These planes were found in a chest in their original wrappers. Unused, but the wood has minor stains. Scratch on sole. Grain defect as shown. The irons had some rust, which we cleaned off. The mouths are airtight, as tight as you will see on a wooden plane. Marked EMIR on the heel. The Emmerich name has been associated with high quality wooden hand-tool manufacture since 1852. The company was based at that time in the town of Remscheid, Germany. The Bermondsey, London, workshop was established in 1932 by Friedrich Wilhelm Emmerich, and Emmerich (Berlon) Ltd has been manufacturing in England ever since. It was passed on to his wife and then his two sons, and the business, along with its brand name EMIR, is currently owned by the third generation of the Emmerich family in England. In 1966 we moved to purpose-built premises in Ashford, Kent, where we are still based today